Movie..."Blood Stripe"

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Movie..."Blood Stripe"

Postby Jim Sheppard » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:43 pm

If you have access to NETFLIX, watch "Blood Stripe", starring Kate Nowlin as a Marine Combat Veteran of three tours in Afghanistan. Absolutley the best portrayal of PTSD I have seen yet. I must warn you, however, it's so good that it affected me a bit...and I like to think I am hardened against those feelings now. This actress deserves an Academy Award for her portrayal and although the movie won a few lesser known awards...nothing major.
Jim Sheppard

Re: Movie..."Blood Stripe"

Postby pt9243 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:16 am

Caught the flick yesterday Jim. It was quite interesting and although not a movie critic I guess you could say it was controversial for me. A good watch though without a bunch of violence and great story line. Thanks. Pete
pt9243
Silver poster

Postby mick hawkins » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 am

Our D company, heavy weapons man Larry Ashlock helped with a movie named Crease Fire with Don Johnson. I have a copy of this movie in my library and it is about dealing with PTSD . Larry works for the VA in FL. and has worked a lot with PTSD problems. The movie came out in about 1985 or at least that is when Larry sent me a copy of it.

Harley Mick Hawkins
mick hawkins
Silver poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Mick....I just received a new personal account on the LZ Litts battle from Ashlock. He did a good job. I will get it up in the war stories section soon.
Jim Sheppard

Postby mick hawkins » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:38 pm

That is great Jim I think he was on our APC but didn't know were him and Wally was during the battle . Jim and I were together . I did see him right at the end of the fighting as they was looking for something to dress the wounded with.
mick hawkins
Silver poster

Postby mick hawkins » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:39 am

Jim
I looked at war story's and there is not one story on Litts I find that amazing all the story's wrote about litts and no one sent one to war story's. I know Frisbee who was the RTO that night wrote a great story about Litts this must had been in a newsletter, as I didn't see it listed in war storys, as did Danny Scott and surly Rigo wrote one seems like there was more written, anyway great you are finally getting one in war story's.

Thanks

Mick Hawkins
mick hawkins
Silver poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:27 am

Mick...

I have over a dozen accounts that I keep in the LZ Litts book in our archives. Eventually I would like to add them to the war stories page.
Jim Sheppard

Postby joshuahayes » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:13 am

Jim Sheppard wrote:If you have access to NETFLIX, watch "Blood Stripe", starring Kate Nowlin as a Marine Combat Veteran of three tours in Afghanistan. Absolutley the best portrayal of PTSD I have seen yet. I must warn you, however, it's so good that it affected me a bit...and I like to think I am hardened against those feelings now. This actress deserves an Academy Award for her portrayal and although the movie won a few lesser known awards...nothing major.

I just checked it out on NetFlix. Seems fantastic with great cinematography.
joshuahayes
New poster

Return to Public Forum