26 March 1968

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

26 March 1968

Postby pcfrmr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:14 pm

I am, today, 50 years old (young) in my 2nd life. I very nearly followed Stolinski, Moomey, and Belinge on that day. If anyone can list them for me, please list the 5 WIA's besides myself that evening. Thanks to Doc Fitzgerald (RIP) that day, I got to start a second life which I still continue. I usually find myself grateful for it, PTSD, aches & pains, and all. God bless you all, Bob Wuestenberg
pcfrmr
Bronze poster

Re: 26 March 1968

Postby gquint113 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Glad you're still with us Bob...

I began my second tour as the COs RTO on that date due to the wounding of Ronald E. Howell of Columbia SC.
Ron was riding atop the A Co. Command Track right behind the track that struck the mine. A six foot section of
track blew back and crushed Howell's leg against the side of the track. Howell was medivac'd out on the charlie-charlie with Col. Berthoff and sent home to several years of recovery and therapy.

Had that incident not happened I would not have been on the Command Track at An Bao on May 5.

Fate
Q
gquint113
Bronze poster

Re: 26 March 1968

Postby pcfrmr » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks Gary, I was KO'd and remember none of the incident. Doc Fitz remembered it all too well as he did all of his tour. Be well, Bob
pcfrmr
Bronze poster

Return to Public Forum