Larry Stagnolia - Steven Burton

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Larry Stagnolia - Steven Burton

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 am

Anyone know Larry Stagnolia? ("A" Company, 1968)

I am working on the memorial page for Steven Dale Burton, KIA 31 March, 1968. Although we have a Battalion History that begins on April 1st...and daily staff journals from the 4th ID that end on the 30th of March...the Daily staff journal for the 31st did not survive the war. It was not on file at the Archives. So...I have no description of his death...nor know of the wherabouts..save we were operating in the coastal areas around LZ Uplift at the time.

There is a post on a memorial website from a "Larry Stagnolia", who states that "Steve died at my side"...etc.....but he left no e-mail address. This was in 2001...and he has never been a member of our Association nor posted an e-mail address on our e-mail page.

I am trying to get some detail on how Burton died. He was in "A" Company and a Boat Person. Quint? ...any memory of this?

Steven Dale Burton, Panel 47E - Row 020, KIA 31 March 1968, "A" Company
Jim Sheppard

Re: Larry Stagnolia - Steven Burton

Postby tjordan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:49 am

Jim, I have some imformation on Burton. We were working in a valley close to the coast north east of LZ Uplift. He was killed my small arms fire from a sniper. Jim and I were sitting on the T.C. hatch. Larry was also in the track. I wish I knew the name of the area we were working, only thing I can recall is that there was a Arvin post near by and an outpost on top of the hill at the entrance of the valley. Contact me at my e-mail and I will give you some more of the details of what happened. My e-mail is lawrencejordan30@yahoo.com. Larry Stagnolia was from eastern Kentucky I believe Ashland. Out for now, Toby.
tjordan
Iron poster

Return to Public Forum