LZ Litts

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

LZ Litts

Postby Lou Frisbie » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Its been 45 the years since the brave men of Delta Co fought the battle for LZ Litts.
I will never forget those that gave all and the rest that fought against odds that no doubt out numbered us.
Thanks Men Of Delta Co
Lou Frisbie
Lou Frisbie
Copper poster

Re: LZ Litts

Postby Ernie Milito » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:18 pm

God bless you all!
Ernie Milito
Bronze poster

Postby rigo-ordaz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Take care my friends, we did our best to survive at Litts. Rigo Ordaz
rigo-ordaz
Platinum poster

Postby Randy Smith » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:13 am

I left just before Littz and have since learned what it is like to feel simultaneously a sense of relief and a sense of guilt for not being there. I offer my prayers for not only the lost brothers but also the surviving brothers for what they went through then and what they have lived with since.
Randy Smith
Platinum poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm

For those of you attending the upcoming reunion, an "informal" gathering of the veteran's of the battle of LZ Litts will take place on Wednesday evening after the Barbecue...back at the host hotel. A Large Dry-erase board will be set up and I have fashioned 3x5 cards for many of the battle "pieces" (APCs, etc) and we hope to assemble an accurate portrayal of the layout of the contact.

We also will have Tom Kjos, former Platoon Leader with the 1/12th Cav who would like to have a group discussion on the Battle of Tam Quan...specifically the various "D" Company engagements. Tom is writing a book on the battle and I have been assisting him with document collection at the Archives. He is paying his own way to attend our entire reunion and do interviews with all concerned... so as soon as the Litts discussions are ended, he would like tom follow up with some Tam Quan discussion. Tom also will be trying to coordinate some "one-on-one" interviews. If you would like to participate in a brief interview with Tom, look for a schedule sheet at the registration table or find Tom at any time during the reunion. Tom will not be arriving until likely after dinner on Tuesday. If you are having trouble finding him...find me and I will send you in his direction.

We are fortunate to have a dedicated Combat Veteran...who "was there". Tom has invested heavily in this effort...both his time and money. He has attended reunions of the 1st Cavalry Division, His own 12th Cavalry Regiment and the 8th Cavalry Regiment.

Lets give him some support and help him make this book effort a success. The organization displayed so far is absolutely incredible.
Jim Sheppard

Re: LZ Litts - added two wounded.

Postby Jim Sheppard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 pm

I just came across two men who I believe were wounded at LZ LItts. They were on USAF Medical Transport Special Orders along with Bruce Braun on March 12th, 1968. Both were with "D" Co 1/50, so I am "Assuming" they were also wounded on March 9th. They were PFC John Gunter and SP4 Victor Mura. The total documented wounded at the March 9 Battle at LZ Litts now stands at 36.
Jim Sheppard

Postby Russ Roth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 am

I must have handled about 2 dozen of those 36. I had to do triage without thinking about it otherwise I would have been overwhelmed. I think Robert and Tony were on the other side of the perimeter just trying to stay alive and keep the rest of us alive too.
Russ Roth
Platinum poster

Return to Public Forum