We need to take action

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

We need to take action

Postby Ernie Milito » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:01 pm

We need to do something regarding what congress is doing. I'm getting e-mails from the DAV that indicates everything is going the stop with the VA. Not only that, there are hard working Government people being laid off without pay or people that have to work without pay and our congress people get paid. Hello, what's wrong with this picture. I wrote the Rep's in Colorado at the DAV request and get e-mail's back indicating that due to what is going on, they cannot get to me. All the people need to request a recall like we did in Colorado and voted two Reps out of office.
Let's get started 1/50!

This is what I get:
Thank you for contacting my office. Due to a government-wide shut-down my office will be unable to respond to your email until the government re-opens. If you have an emergency please email my office at emergency@bennet.senate.gov.
Ernie Milito
Bronze poster

Re: We need to take action

Postby harley hawkins » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 am

Ernie

I was watching a talk show and they had on the Israel Prime Minister and ask him about the united states gov shutdown. The Prime Minister said in Israel if the gov doesn't reach an agreement on the budget by the end of year the last year budget kicks in and their congress has 30 days to get a budget passed and if they do not a election is held. He said we have never had a shutdown.
How simple is that.

Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Postby Ernie Milito » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Mick,

This is what I'm trying to say. If you cannot do your job you get fired. We voted them in and we should have the opportunity to vote them out like yesterday.
Ernie Milito
Bronze poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:16 pm

All this is what makes our country strong. We have the right to protest and disagree...without fear of punishment and/or imprisonment.

I belong to a "self-help" group that never goes by a simple majority in elections or voting on issues. A 2/3rd vote is required for issue passage/election. After a preset number of votes in an election result in stalemate....the names go into a hat and we let God choose.

What we are trying to aspire to in my self-help group is to be sure a strong minority always gets a fair shake. Although I disagree (personally) with what the Republican representatives have done...there should have been more respect for the very strong minority vote on the "issue".

We are all now paying a price for this. It's time to get a budget passed and move on. Time to stop pointing fingers and get back to work.
Jim Sheppard

Postby Ernie Milito » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 pm

You nailed it. Get this completed and move on.
Ernie Milito
Bronze poster

Return to Public Forum