MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Postby Randy Smith » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 pm

I want to take this opportunity to wish all my brothers the very best thru the upcoming holidays and following year. This time of year sends me back to 1967 when we spent a Christmas that just wasn't white at all. I remember that one of my aunts sent me a small artificial Christmas tree less than a foot tall. It had a wind up feature like a music box and played a Christmas carol. We had it in our Delta Co. tent at Uplift and if I didn't get to it fast enough someone else in the tent would be rewinding it. We practically wore that tree out before we were back to the field. When we came back from the field I found that someone had requisitioned that tree and that was perfectly alright as I knew that others somewhere were enjoying it also. My aunt has since passed on but I will never forget her or her precious gift that we so enjoyed at a time when so little meant so much. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my brothers in my 1/50th family.
RANDY "DOC" SMITH
Randy Smith
Platinum poster

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Postby pcfrmr » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:38 pm

:D Thanks, Randy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to 1/50th vets and trainees.
Bob Wuestenberg
pcfrmr
Bronze poster

Postby pt9243 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Great piece of nostalgia, Randy. Gotta say that I, for one, felt sort of alone after you were evacuated. I wasn't really sure what had happened to you or where you went until much later. Somehow Provencher and I managed to regroup and made due without you. We stayed pretty damn busy filling the big shoes you left behind but somehow we persevered as did all of Delta company. I know you had a tough go of it even after you left us but I'm grateful you survived the ordeal. Enjoy the holidays, my brother.
pt9243
Silver poster

Postby harley hawkins » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Randy

I do remember some small Christmas trees @ Uplift . I think there was two in our tent. I have some items from the day. My grandfather gave me a little bible I carried with me everyday in Nam. When I came home a boy down the road was going to Nam his name was Rick Soloman I gave him the bible to carry and when he came home he brought it by the house and returned it to me, it never made anymore trips to Nam. I have my ticket home from Nam It was Japan Air Lines flight 721 seat 8-A Econom class. I flew from Temple texas to dallas texas on Trans Texas airways the cost $6.87 I have a weekly training schedule we started at 0630 and stopped at 1700 hours than 0700 to 1130 on sat, must have got Sunday off. That is 62 hours a week and I have a pay voucher DA-2139 with a pay of $90 I received for the month of Jan. that is about 20 cents an hour. I have a lot of items my mom never toss a thing away.

TO ALL 1/50 MEN MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND MAY GOD BLESS

Harley Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Postby rigo-ordaz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:38 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY BROTHERS IN ARMS. RIGO
rigo-ordaz
Platinum poster

Postby rigo-ordaz » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:32 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
rigo-ordaz
Platinum poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 pm

7 different threads were "Hacked"...including a post by Rigo. I had to delete the posts that this hacker compromised. I banned the hacker, but if this persists....I will huddle with RJ Smith and get the situation under control.

I wanted to re-post Rigo's holiday wish, He had posted:
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY BROTHERS IN ARMS. RIGO
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum