John Albertson

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

John Albertson

Postby talmadge » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:12 pm

I just received word from Karen, his girlfriend of many years, that John Albertson passes away from a heart attack Saturday morning. John was in the Scouts in 69 but also a bartender in the Officer's Club. John resided in Kansas City
talmadge
New poster

Re: John Albertson

Postby mick hawkins » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:14 am

Very sad to hear about John passing. I had e-mailed John a few times. May you rest in peace now brother.

Harley Mick Hawkins
mick hawkins
Silver poster

Postby james » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:10 am

God Bless and may you rest in peace our Brother!
james
Copper poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm

We are trying to find an Obituary. Barbara has not responded to my request...and I can only "assume" she found nothing. I am hoping maybe Talmadge can get in touch with the girlfriend and find out if an obituary appeared in a local paper. Either the name of the paper or the name of the funeral home where John was handled should get us the details. I would like to post something on our "taps" page.

If nothing materializes by Monday, I'll just post the few details we have.
Jim Sheppard

Postby jerry couch » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:31 pm

It's very sad to hear about John's passing. We talked on the phone about 6 or 7 months ago, and we couldn't figure out if we knew each other over there or not. He seemed like a very nice guy, with a lot of health problems, He was very helpful to me. Rest In Peace John, No more pain.
jerry couch
Iron poster

Re: John Albertson - Obituary & Guest Book Link

Postby Jim Sheppard » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 pm

You can add a comment in John's "Guest Book" at the following link:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansas ... =133514110

I believe the Obituary will appear on this link's page as well. I will be adding the Obituary to our "taps" page later today, but here is a copy:

John Edward Albertson

John Edward Albertson, 64, of Kansas City, MO, died Saturday, September 19, 2009. A Service of Remembrance will be at 3 p.m., Friday, October 2, at the McGilley Midtown Chapel. His urn will be buried in Bennett Cemetery, Keytesville, MO. Visitation will be from 2-3 p.m. at the chapel. John was born July 21, 1945 in Keytesville, MO, to Jack and Mary Jo (Rice) Albertson, who preceded him in death. John was a graduate of Westport High School. He served in the Vietnam War as an Army Ranger and received the Purple Heart. He was a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America, Post 317. He was jazz drummer and bartender, most notably at Milton's. John's survivors include his daughter Lindsay Turner, Hesperia, CA, and her children Ella and Evan; brother Jerry Albertson of Euless, TX, and his companion Karen Jordan of Kansas City, MO. (Arr. McGilley Midtown Chapel, 816-753-6200.)

Looks like there is still time for any of our Kansas City Area members to attend this memorial service scheduled for this coming Friday at 3 PM.
Jim Sheppard

John Albertson Association Obituary

Postby Jim Sheppard » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:07 pm

I created an Obituary using John Albertson's Newspaper Obit as well as a photo from Talmadge Cain.

http://www.ichiban1.org/pdf/AlbertsonObituary.pdf

The page can be found from the link on the "taps" page.
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum