Final Days of Voting for Reunion

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Final Days of Voting for Reunion

Postby kenr17331 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Gentlemen: In a little more than a week from now (on October 31, 2009) I am closing out the voting on the location for a mini-reunion and will tally up the votes. Sadly - of the nearly 50 votes I do have so far - only 6 are from those who were at the Fort Benning Reunion; the rest from the other guys I have contacted who do not go to Fort benning Reunions. Come on now Fort Benning goers, get those votes in.

On November 1, 2009, I will add up the votes for the three choices (Gettysburg, San Antonio, or a Caribean Cruise) and I will announce within a week or so on here the location and will work on getting the best room rates I can find. It will be held Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with Sunday morning breakfast and then departure. Actual dates will be released once I have room rates established. This I hope to have for the spring newsletter or I will sent out a separate flyer prior to that announcing all the details.

Welcome Home Brothers,

Ken Riley
kenr17331
Steel poster

Re: Final Days of Voting for Reunion

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:30 am

In your previous (Initial) post for the mini-reunion, there are 11 posts. 2 of those have not been to benning, but 9 have.

Have you included these in your tally??

I'm "on the fence" but might be able to give consideration to Gettysburg. Understand, I cannot commit at this time, but if it's Gettysburg, I stand a better chance of joining you-all!
Jim Sheppard

Postby toby milroy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Ken, Toby Milroy here!! I will attend wherever we decide. All the locations sound exciting to me
so just let me know where to show up. Great seeing you at Benning and look forward to our next get together. Thanks for everything you've done to get the guy's together again. And getting the unit reunited. Welcome Home Brother !!!! ~~~~ Toby (Doc) Milroy
toby milroy
New poster

Postby Jerry Cooper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 pm

I was at Benning and I will do my very best to attend where ever ya'll decide. The place is unimportant to me, I just want to be around my brothers one more time.
Carry on.

Jerry Cooper
Jerry Cooper
Iron poster

Postby kenr17331 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:05 pm

Jerry, Jim,

thanks for your replies.
kenr17331
Steel poster

Postby dapana » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:15 pm

Ken,

Thanks for undertaking the task at hand. I can not commit at this time, but will attend anywhere if it possible at the time. If I had to pick San Antonio is close to me and Fort Hood is really close.

Thanks again,
Dennis Apana
dapana
Iron poster

Postby Russ Roth » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:01 am

Ken,

I sent you a PM.

RR
Russ Roth
Platinum poster

Postby 1968doc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Dennis Apana:

Are you still interested in marching with me at the Austin Veteran's Day Parade? Remember, it's Wednesday, Nov.11th and usually starts about 9:00am. (not hard for me to remember that date, since it's also my B-Day).

How long does the whole event last, you ask? Well, we stand around for about an hour drinking coffee and swapping war stories. Then the parade starts----it's only 1 mile from the starting point to the finish but how long does it take 60 year old Vietnam Veterans to walk a mile? Yes, it does take a while--partly due to the usual delays, partly for the participants to take in the applause and partly due to our slow walking because of some tears shed as we remember our fallen comrades.

Let me know if you're coming down to Austin---we'll grab some breakfast or lunch after the parade.

Robert Melendez
1968doc
Iron poster

Postby james » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:01 am

Doc, Hey how are you doing? I'll be thinking of you guys on the 11th. Proud of you men! Hey I just watched a great true story movie tonight about one of our nam vets.wia in nam and came back and started the disability act passing! It's called MUSIC WITHIN.Check it out and let me know what you Brothers think of it. Take care all! James out.
james
Copper poster

Return to Public Forum