Al Smith, Charlie Mortars

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Al Smith, Charlie Mortars

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:59 pm

I received a call from Al Smith's (Smitty) wife yesterday informing me that Al has had a stroke and is now in a rehab hospital for 8 weeks. Although there has been damage to his left side, there will likely be some recovery...but how much is not certain at this time. Karen tells me that Al would like nothing better than to get OUT of that hospital! (I hate them too). Apparently, VA Testing months ago failed to reveal a severe blockage. I will reserve comment on that subject. Suffice to say, I use cardiology services outside of the VA. Just too serious to take chances with.

If you would like to be in touch with Karen, her number is 941-467-6582. Cards can be sent to their home at 2598 Rock Creek Drive, Port Charlotte. FL. 33948.
Jim Sheppard

Re: Al Smith, Charlie Mortars

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:25 pm

I just gave Al a call and we spoke for about 10 minutes. He is in long-term care (Rehab) and will be able to go home in November. He sounds good and was coherent and able to hold a normal conversation. He hates being in the long term facility but is looking forward to finally being able to return home.
Jim Sheppard

Re: Al Smith, Charlie Mortars

Postby harley hawkins » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 am

Jim

Thanks for the update and contact with Al . We wish him a speedy recovery and hope he gets to go home soon.

Mick
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Return to Public Forum