rigo

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

rigo

Postby harley hawkins » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:14 pm

I got a call a few days ago and was told Rigo Ordaz passed away. I have been traveling for a week now and haven't been in touch with the world. I can find nothing about this, I think the Vietnam war would not let go of Rigo he couldn't get the monkey off his back it had him 24 hours 7 days a week. I hope he is now at peace good by my brother.
Rigo and I talked a lot did not agree on a lot of things and agreed on a few. The last few years we did not talk so much I think the filming kept him busy hope so.
RIP my brother and may god bless you soul you have suffered enough .

Harley Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Re: rigo

Postby Russ Roth » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 am

Our good friend Barbara sent me this link. Hopefully he has found peace now.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/themon ... &fhid=8134

RR
Russ Roth
Platinum poster

Re: rigo

Postby pt9243 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:49 am

Rigo and I had stayed in touch over the years and visited a few times during the mid-eighties. I totally agree with Russ; the VN experience changed his life forever. He had been struggling with alcohol for many years and became quite ill with diabetes. Not sure if any of this had any affect on his later years or death since we hadn't communicated over the last several years. Whether imagined or not his memory for detail was incredible for things that happen so many years ago. Me, not so much. We were at LZ Pony when Rigo first came to 1/50, Delta company, 2nd platoon. We became good friends since we were both from Texas and spoke Spanish. He was an outstanding soldier and probably overlooked for actions taken during combat. I can only hope he is at peace now - may the good Lord watch over him. Pete
pt9243
Silver poster

Return to Public Forum