let us not forget

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

let us not forget

Postby George Borges » Sun May 30, 2010 8:32 am

To all the men of the 1/50th. present and pass ,and most of all the men who gave all, I salute you all on this day and everyday. May God Bless America!!!! In God We Trust Let us not forget pointman150
George Borges
Silver poster

Re: let us not forget

Postby harley hawkins » Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 am

Well said George. Hope all is well for you.

Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 am

For most Memorial days past...I had little time to partake of any remembrance activity...being in an industry that was busy on all holidays...I almost always had to work on Memorial Day. There were a few years where I managed to break free and meet with Steve Escot and Walt Landry at the New Jersey Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. Those few meetings led to Steve nominating me for your Historian at the Kansas City Reunion in 1999....and the rest is History! (I know...really bad pun! ~grin~). Today I will have the chance to take part in my home town's Memorial Day Ceremony at the town's monuments to WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

For me...as well as all of you who served with us in Vietnam....we do not need a public holiday to remember our friends killed in action...as we remember them every day. I look forward to seeing some of you at the Change of Command Ceremony in about two weeks...others in Gettysburg in September and many more at our Reunion in the spring of 2011 at Fort Benning.
Jim Sheppard

Postby pt9243 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Here, here, George. Went to the Astros game today as it's my wife's birthday - man do they suck. We had a good time in spite of getting their asses kicked. They put on a greate salute to the veterans and even had a Iraq veteran throw out the first pitch. Made me feel proud to be an American and that we - the 1/50, did our part in preserving our rights. Hope all had a great day. Pete
pt9243
Silver poster

Return to Public Forum