Melvin Leavell Brother found - LZ Litts - 9 Mar 68

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Melvin Leavell Brother found - LZ Litts - 9 Mar 68

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon May 31, 2010 9:48 pm

I just got a call from Melvin Leavell's Brother Everett. Melvin was KIA at LZ Litts on March 9th, 1968. Those of you from "D" Company will remember him.

The brother is a Pastor and lives in Loganville, GA. I have his contact information on file. He will try to make the next Fort Benning Reunion Wreathe Laying Ceremony. I promised him there would be men there from "D" Company who remembered his brother.

Before the 2009 reunion, I stopped at the cemetery where Melvin Leavell was buried(Near Marietta)...and took a digital photo of a picture appliqué on his grave. I used the photo for Melvin's Memorial Page. While at the grave, I placed one of my Association Business Cards in a sealed plastic bag with a note to the family. My note was found today.

http://www.ichiban1.org/pdf/Memorial/Leavell.pdf
Jim Sheppard

Re: Melvin Leavell Brother found - LZ Litts - 9 Mar 68

Postby George Borges » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Jim, I remember Melvin, he was new to D co.,but we spoke about him being from GA. He liked being called Curly. I will not forget him. God Bless pointman150
George Borges
Silver poster

Re: Melvin Leavell Brother found - LZ Litts - 9 Mar 68

Postby tony leavell » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:04 pm

I am a second cousin to Melvin, I always go by Melvin's Grave when I visit my bother grave in Marietta, I remember Melvin and William and Everett from growing up and visiting them , I remember When I found out Melvin was kill in vietnam. I often wonder how his daughter is doing. I am greatful that he is remember, His Father Jack and Mother Jennie were honest hard working people, I call Jack Uncle Jack. Anyway thanks for remembering Melvin. God Bless each of you who server our country. Your all hero.
I livng in Locust Grove Georgia.
tony leavell
New poster

Return to Public Forum