Gathering at Gettysburg

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Gathering at Gettysburg

Postby kenr17331 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Well ... The time flew so fast; I still do not believe it is over! Of the 35+ people there; I believe everyone enjoyed themselves tremendously; most I had spoken to had a great time! The tour guide was one highlight as he threw his heart and soul into it 100 percent. Those four hours were the shortest four I had known for many years! Of the many dozens of trips I had taken and thought I had actually studied the battlefield; I knew nothing compared to his knowledge.

Saturday night, after dinner - at 7:00 P.M. - the group Together entered the highlight and played a lot of my favorite 60's tunes. Then a little after 8:00 P.M.; their show began ... and trust me - there were people who had "volunteered" to do things I bet they had never done before! Michael - your secret is safe with me ... LOL. And Willie "Bill Hayes" Nelson; you done good! Gwen, I can't believe you let him set on your lap and the smiles on your face told everything - Don, better watch out!

I just hope some of THOSE pictures never make it to the Reunion Pages (NOT!).

Anyway, More to say in a futur newsletter - for now, thanks to all those who showed - those who didn't - I for one hope you find out how much fun most of us had in Gettysburg, and decide to attend my next Venture to the Mid-West!

Welcome Home Brothers!

Always,

Ken Riley
kenr17331
Steel poster

Re: Gathering at Gettysburg

Postby Tom Knepp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Ken , you really came thru again The whole weekend was great , the battlefield tour and guide were great the winery tour also. The band was very good love the 50 s 60 s music Tom
Tom Knepp
New poster

Postby Russ Roth » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Glad you guys had such a good time. The weather here is just about like VN. Too darn hot and sticky. If it wasn't for the pool it would be downright miserable for me.

RR
Russ Roth
Platinum poster

Postby pt9243 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:29 pm

What can I say - GREAT!! Marie and I had a wonderful time. The battlefield tour guide was exceptional as he so was deeply passionate about his work. Being from Texas and no apples grown here - the Applefest was quite a treat. Ken, you and your wife were very generous hosts for this event and I'm very happy we were able to attend. I know coordinating this type of event takes much effort and time and I thank you for so graciously providing both. The Saturday evening dinner and show were both fun and pretty damn lively - the entertainers were great. I regret we weren't able to see anyone Sunday morning as we had an early flight out of Baltimore and had to leave the hotel at 0430h. Nonetheless - hope all our brothers and their familes made it back to their homes in good order. Hasta la vista, baby. Pete Tovar
pt9243
Silver poster

Postby Jerry Cooper » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Glad everyone had a good time. I never thought otherwise. Sure wish I could have made it, but maybe next time.
Jerry Cooper
Iron poster

Postby Frenchy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:15 am

Hello,
For all of you who were there a big thanks. I had a great time. The food was good. The little dinner across the street
from our hotel was great. The whole expierence was fantastic. My only regret I should have practised my dancing moves
more. Ken did a great job. I have nothing bad to say about the whole weekend. I want to thank Don and Gwen for getting me to the hotel from the airport. I look forward to our next get together.

thanks to all Frenchy

PS I agree some of the pictures should not make to our website.
Frenchy
Iron poster

Return to Public Forum