Delta Co Radio Callsign

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Delta Co Radio Callsign

Postby DickG » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

Fellers:
Can anyone give me Delta Co's callsign in early Jan of '68? I need it for accuracy in description of An Lac (2) on 3 Jan.
Thanks,
Dick Guthrie
DickG
Copper poster

Re: Delta Co Radio Callsign

Postby pt9243 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Dick, although I was with Delta January '68, I can't remember Delta's call sign either but I do know, having been a medic, we were referred to as 'band aids'. Having spent most of my time with 2nd platoon I was called 'band aid 2'. Probably someone with a better memory can expound. Good luck.
pt9243
Silver poster

Postby jerry couch » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Dick, after An Tien, we went to the bridges at LZ English, up there, the command track was called coolpalm 6. I remember it because everybody started joking about it being slick palm 6. I'm not sure if that was new for up there or if it was the same at first of Jan. Hope this helps, mind kinda foggy these days.
jerry couch
Iron poster

Postby Russ Roth » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:00 pm

jerry couch wrote:Dick, after An Tien, we went to the bridges at LZ English, up there, the command track was called coolpalm 6. I remember it because everybody started joking about it being slick palm 6. I'm not sure if that was new for up there or if it was the same at first of Jan. Hope this helps, mind kinda foggy these days.

That's the call sign I recall either when I went to Delta in mid/late January or very soon thereafter.
Russ Roth
Platinum poster

Postby bdfausett » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Iremember going to the bridges at LZ English. Our callsign at the time was Silver Fox. I was the first man in Delta company to drive over a landmine. We were the maintenance track.
bdfausett
New poster

Return to Public Forum