Reunion Details Posted

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Reunion Details Posted

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:32 am

News Flash!

Fees and events are fairly well finalized for the 2011 reunion. Registration form and hotel information is now on the Reunions page! I have my room booked and the check to the Association will be in the mail on Monday! See you all there!
Jim Sheppard

Re: Reunion Details Posted

Postby RJ_Smith » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:33 am

Here's a link!

http://www.ichiban1.org/html/reunion.htm

Nice fill-in PDF form Jim, looks great :)
RJ_Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:28 am

Love the fill in .pdf. They are available in Adobe Acrobat 9 & I just got mine a few months back. Our guys can fill in the fields and then print the form...or download it and print. This way Quint doesn't have to try to read our scribble! ~grin~
Jim Sheppard

Postby Bill Mims » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:31 pm

I just booked my room, You need to call hotel direct the number is 706-225-1000
Bill Mims
Copper poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:25 pm

They can patch you through from the toll free 800 number we posted. The direct number to the hotel saves you time if you have unlimited Long Distance.
Jim Sheppard

Postby RJ_Smith » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:26 am

That reminds me of something funny! Last summer I sat in on a "junior" programming class with middle schoolers age ~13 or 14, and one of them had no idea what a "long distance" phone call was. Never heard of it. Even made me feel old :lol:
RJ_Smith
Site Admin

Postby Bill Mims » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Jim, I stand corrected. When I called the 800 number they said I need to call direct.
Bill Mims
Copper poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:41 am

I suspected this might happen...and when I suggested to the Reservations Rep. on the 800 number line that I simply change our information to show that direct, local number...he assured me that anyone who wanted to call the 800 number could (would) be re-directed directly to the hotel front desk. I am not a big fan of "misinformation"...and, apparently not everyone on the 800 number staff is on the "same page". After I return from my trip out west....I will modify the information I have posted on the website to emphasize the local, direct number.

Thank you for "cluing me in" to what is really happening.

This property was selected after much consideration by the board back in June of 2010 with Sales Rep Michelle Spivey giving us all the tours and info we needed. The Hotel has very nice accommodations, a lovely pool area and is on a dead end cul-de-sac smack in the middle of a large shopping area with optional restaurant choices nearby as well. Most of these shopping and eating establishments are within walking distance.

Michelle has been our "point person" in the Fort Benning Area and usually joins us for dinner one night (informally) during our reunions. She works for the "Magnolia Group" which owns several hotels in the area. After we signed our reunion contract, the Magnolia Group sold the property we selected...and we just learned of this on New Year's Day when I called to make my hotel reservations.

John Topper has been in touch with Michelle and been reassured that all arrangements will be honored. The new ownership should not adversely affect our reunion at all...but I want ANYONE who has ANY difficulty in the reservation process to let either myself or the Reunion Committee (John Topper) know ASAP....and we will be on it like a duck on a June bug! :lol:
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum