"Big John" Carter

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

"Big John" Carter

Postby Harry Wilson » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:55 pm

COL John B. Carter, who served as Battalion Commander in Vietnam from July 1968 to December 1968, died in his home town of Philadelphia on January 14, 2011 after a long illness. He was known as "Big John" and was a fine and fair commander, and proud of his service with the 1/50th. He leaves behind a wife and two daughters. His obituary and internet guest book can be found at http://www.kirkandniceinc.com/obituarie ... r-90636771. If you knew him, consider leaving a note in the guest book.
Harry Wilson
Bronze poster

Re: "Big John" Carter

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:25 pm

I am putting together a memorial page for our website & have downloaded a bunch of photos of Col. Carter from the Funeral Home web site. I am also in the middle of notifying all the KIA families of our upcoming reunion....so I might not get Carter's memorial obituary up for another week.

If anyone is planning on attending the service at Arlington on Monday Morning, March 7th, please contact me...as I am seriously considering attending.

I will definately be attending the service in Philadelphia...so if anyone is planning on going to that on Saturday, the 5th of March...let me know as well.
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum