Book Review Help

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Book Review Help

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Folks,

I'm looking for a volunteer to read and review a novel on the Vietnam War.

The author, quoted below, approached me about doing this...but, to be fair, I tend to be slanted towards non-fiction works & this would likely influence my review in an unfair negative way (His work is fiction, based on fact) This and the fact that I currently have about a dozen non-fiction books already piled up to read!

Author John Podlaski wrote:

"Hello,

My book, Cherries - A Vietnam War Novel, has been out for a year now. I would be willing to forward you an electronic version of my book to review and then post on your website. You can check out some of the reviews I already have on Amazon.com. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!~ / John"

Of course, I encourage all to visit his reviews on Amazon.com and to read his book "Cherries"...but if you would like to read and review for our website Vietnam Books review page, please let me know. John has offered a hardback copy to someone if they volunteer for this but do not care for the electronic version.
John can be reached via e-mail at: john.podlaski@gmail.com

As an aside, I have now read nearly 200 books on the war....chronicling before, during and after...nearly all non-fiction. My understanding of the conflict and all of it's variables has changed some formerly deep-seated opinions...but re-enforced the belief that we dominated every major battle. However, we should not ever again be involved in a "limited war".
Jim Sheppard

Re: Book Review Help

Postby Jim Sheppard » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:16 pm

Jim Fitzgerald has volunteered! Thank's Jim for your help!
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum