Larry Rosebrook found

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Larry Rosebrook found

Postby Jim Sheppard » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Found Former SGT Larry Rosebrook, Charlie Company, 3rd Platoon, 3rd Squad Leader 9/67 - 8/68today. Thanks to Barbara who helped us find another long lost buddy! He's not "into" computers...but will be checking out the website. I have his phone number.
Jim Sheppard

Re: Larry Rosebrook found

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Sadly, I learned that I may have been the last 50th Infantry man to speak to Larry Rosebrook as he passed away on Christmas Eve, 2011. Obituary wording follows:

ROSEBROOK - Larry Allen Rosebrook, age 64, left this world on December 24, 2011. He is survived by his best friend of 17 years, Joyce Cardosa, and her family; his daughter, Erika Rosebrook; and his son, Jeremy Rosebrook. He is also survived by his brother, Randy and Phyllis Rosebrook; his sister, Cheryl and Will Holmberg; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his sister, Michelle. Larry was a decorated Vietnam Veteran. He would not miss the opportunity to watch U of M football, the Detroit Red Wings, Tigers, and Lions. Larry was a poet and an artist. He loved listening to music on his Bose System or cranked up in his Mustang. He would clearly be saying to all "Don't weep for me". On January 7, 2012, there will be a time for family and friends to visit from 2 to 4 p.m. followed immediately at 4 p.m. by a memorial service at the Rockford American Legion. Any donations in memory of Larry can be given to Faith Hospice.

I have posted an Obituary "Memorial" page for Larry: http://www.ichiban1.org/pdf/Obituary/RosebrookObit.pdf

I noticed while creating the page that Larry died on December 24th...exactly one year after Norm Poage's death. The two were both 3rd Platoon, Charlie Company Squad Leaders and good friends.
Jim Sheppard

Re: Larry Rosebrook found

Postby Bob Bihari » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:34 am

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to our brothers. We know each other as we always were. We know each others hearts. We share common memories of horrors, griefs and even joys. We live outside the touch of time."

Godspeed Bro....
A Company '68. WIA An Bao

Bob Bihari
Bronze poster

Return to Public Forum