Missouri Turkey Hunt

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Missouri Turkey Hunt

Postby harley hawkins » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 am

Randy Smith and Larry Curts came over for a turkey hunt. We had a GREAT TIME and caught some really nice fish. Randy killed a turkey first then the next day Larry killed his turkey.
We then had a fish fry and about 20 or 25 people showed up to eat fish and visit. Danny Scott came over that night and stayed with us at the cabin.
Everyone around here loves it when the boys come over. We then went over and seen a friend of my who was in the 2/8 cav in 66 he plowed some of the same ground
as we did. They are heading back today and have a lot of fish to take home as well as the turkey. I sure hope they come back soon.

Harley Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Re: Missouri Turkey Hunt

Postby Randy Smith » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Larry and I had the greatest time with Mick in Missouri. The people there treat us like family and the week could not have been scripted any better than the time we had. Thanks again Mick for a custom made vacation full of turkeys, fish, friends and fabulous foodstuffs. Oh and by the way, just in case Parker Pierce is reading this I want him to know that my father and I doubled on longbeards this morning in the opening morning turkey hunt here in Indiana. Dad (88 years old) took a two year old bird with an eleven inch beard and 23 mm spurs. It weighed 19.5 lbs. I took a three year old bird with an eleven inch beard and 28 mm spurs. It weighed 20.5 lbs. It was a purrrfect hunt for us. Oh and dad used a 20 gauge on turkeys for the first time. Just wanted to give them a better chance I guess. I use my old 10 gauge cannonizer and don't really care about their chances. :lol:
Randy Smith
Platinum poster

Return to Public Forum