Jim Wonsick

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Jim Wonsick

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:26 pm

I received sad news from Dick Guthrie who wrote:

"Fellers:

I have just talked with Sharon Wonsick. She gave me the following information:

Jim went to the hospital on Tuesday with chest pains. They first put a stent inside the stent he received 5 years ago. Apparently, he then suffered a severe infection, with high temperatures. Antibiotics did nothing to control it. He passed away Friday night.

Jim’s remains are at:
Dwayne Spence Funeral Home
650 Waterloo St.
Canal Winchester, OH 43110

On Wednesday, there will be visitation there from 1400-1600 and from 1800-2000.
On Thursday there is a service there at 1100, before the interment."

I am planning on driving out for Wednesday night and Thursday.
James L. Wonsick Obituary

WONSICK James L. Wonsick, age 65 of Canal Winchester, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, September 28, 2012. He was born February 21, 1947 in Columbus to the late James P. and Helen L. (Trott) Wonsick. He was an Army Lieutenant serving our country during the Vietnam war. He received two Purple Hearts for his brave actions. He worked at Lucent Technologies for 36 years, was a member of the American Legion, and was a longtime member of Asbury United Methodist Church. Jim always loved traveling, square dancing and the outdoors. Survived by his loving wife, Sharon (Parsons) Wonsick whom he married July 12, 2003; sons, Shane and Adam Wonsick; sisters, Alice Schuler, Ellen (Bruce) Beckle and Fran Zupp; brothers, RJ (Karen), Bill (Karen), and Tucker (Vicki); six grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews. Friends may visit 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, at the DWAYNE R. SPENCE FUNERAL HOME, 650 W. Waterloo St., Canal Winchester, where funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, with Dr. Kevin Orr, Pastor, officiating. Interment will follow at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. Online condolences at http://www.spencefuneralhome.com

Published in The Columbus Dispatch on October 1, 2012
Jim Sheppard

Re: Jim Wonsick

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Dick Guthrie, Toby Milroy, Bob Schaller, Walt Billups and Jim Sheppard met with the Wonsick family at the Funeral Home visitation this evening. We are all meeting for Breakfast in the morning and will then attend Jim Wonsick's funeral. Everyone was rather tired from all the travelling today...but it's always comforting when anoy of us get together.
Jim Sheppard

Postby harley hawkins » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 am

Thank it is great you guys took the time to go to JIms services. I know the family had to apprecate you guys being there.
Our condolence gos to the family.

Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Sad work this...but reality suggests I will be doing these obituary pages more and more. I have posted the Association Obituary for Jim Wonsick on the "Taps" page: http://www.ichiban1.org/pdf/Obituary/WonsickObit.pdf
Jim Sheppard

Postby lordkevin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 am

Thanks for the nice post...
lordkevin
New poster

Return to Public Forum