Sandy

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Sandy

Postby harley hawkins » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:34 pm

All our brothers on the east coast stay safe as Sandy bears down on you.

Mick Hawkins
harley hawkins
Ruby poster

Re: Sandy

Postby George Borges » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Mick, Thanks ,Sandy has come and left Florida already. We got a lot of hi wind 35to55mph and some flooding. but all is well thanks again.Keep safe and God Bless George
George Borges
Silver poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:06 pm

All clear where I am... well inland in New Jersey. We made it through relatively unscathed. Barrier islands at the Jersey Shore received extensive damage...photos are slowly drifting in from these areas and they show the extensive damage.

Thank you for the concern...we here at the Sheppard Household are all safe.
Jim Sheppard

Postby Tom Clark » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Some of NJ didn't survive as well. My MOM is located in Cape May Courthouse area just west of Wildwood they they did Ok, a few downed trees and a little wet but did good as with Wildwood and Avalon. Hope everone is is doing well and will be looking forward to seeing everyone at Ft. Benning at the reunion.
Take care all Tom and Diana Clark
Tom Clark
New poster

Postby Bill Mims » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:14 pm

We took a beating on Long Island, Lost about 500 houses in my county. Things are getting better every day.
ps I was one of the lucky ones
Bill Mims
Copper poster

Postby Jim Sheppard » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:00 pm

I visited Brigantine, NJ, today for the first time since the storm. Cleanup is under way. Damage is extensive...although many parts of town are relatively unscathed. Appearances are deceiving as the water damage cannot now be easily seen...but curbsides are loaded with many waterlogged items....carpet, etc. My old appartment was at ground level in an area that flooded. It had extensive damage. I couldn't help but realize how much I could have lost...but dodged that bullet since I moved inland over 2 years ago.

I visited my Marina...which made National headlines when President Obama visited the day after the storm. All the planking on the dock leading out to where my boat slip was are gone...only the pilings remain. To my amazement, a new garden hose I kept neatly wrapped arounf one of the pilings in my slip survived the storm! It's still there, tightly secured as I left it when we took my boat out the week before the storm! Of course, I can't get to it...but when they rebuild the dock..it will be good to go for next season!
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum