Server IP Address Change Announcement

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Server IP Address Change Announcement

Postby clange » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Greetings everyone,

My apologies for the last minute announcement, but later this week late in the evening (June 25th, 2013, 11:45 pm MDT) I'll be modifying the IP address that Ichiban1.org uses to for the website.

Based on other sites that have undergone the update already on the same server, most folks will not notice any downtime at all. If someone does try to connect to the server, they will be greated with a message asking them to try again in a little bit.

Just in case though, I wanted to post this on the forum.

Thank you,
-Chris Lange
SmartHostPlan.com Hosting
clange
New poster

Re: Server IP Address Change Announcement

Postby clange » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:47 am

The the update is complete. Please let me know if anyone starts having any issues.

Thanks,
-Chris Lange
http://smarthostplan.com
http://twitter.com/smarthostplan
clange
New poster

Postby RJ_Smith » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 am

Hi Chris, I haven't noticed any issues at all. Thanks! :)
RJ_Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jim Sheppard » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm

From my end...and I am on the site constantly...I had "zero" difficulties. I even uploaded a few dozen photos and files to the server via FTP just after midnight on the 24/25th....with no problem.

I am very happy with the lack of "issues" we have experienced for the last year or so. You seem to be keeping up with our site size capacity very well.

I hope to begin working on the site to eliminate some pages and images that are redundant and/or no longer used over the next year or so...and thus possibly reduce the website size somewhat. However, in the near future, I have quite a few hundred photos I need to post to new photo albums...so we will continue to grow in size in the immediate future.

Thanks again, Jim Sheppard
Jim Sheppard

Return to Public Forum