Thank you 1st & 50th

Members may post in this forum, but anyone may read posts.

Moderators: Jim Sheppard, RJ_Smith

Thank you 1st & 50th

Postby snodinak » Fri May 10, 2013 3:47 am

I want to thank everyone for welcoming, with open arms, myself and my brother George to the reunion this year. I fully understand why I have heard so many good things about the 1st and the 50th. A special thanks to you, Jim Sheppard for inviting me. I am so honored to have been a part of this 2013 reunion and will cherish the memory forever.

I just arrived back in Alaska from Ft Benning Georgia by route of Washington State. When I returned to Alaska, I talked to an old friend, who I found out was also in the 1st and the 50th many years ago. His name is Ronald Raymond and retired a few years back from the Army as a Command Sergeant Major. I’m not sure what rank he was while assigned to Ft. Benning because that was many years ago. His wife and my wife worked together for many years in base supply at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska.

Again, thank you so much for your hospitality while being at the PT Field dedication for my brother Donald E Lowe. He served with the best of the best and I know he was looking down on us on the second of May this year, with joy in his heart. My wife and I are planning a road trip this year and I want to bring her to Ft Benning to see the tribute to Don.

From the bottom of my heart, God Bless each and every one of you, Bill Lowe.
snodinak
Copper poster

Re: Thank you 1st & 50th

Postby DickG » Sat May 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Bill:
We were honored by your presence there.
Don't forget that you and your brother are family now. Come back again.
Warm regards,
Dick Guthrie
DickG
Copper poster

Return to Public Forum